Flat Out Fishing Back for Fifth Year with Expert Tips for Anglers of All Levels
“Flat Out Fishing is full day of professional fishing seminars for beginning to experienced fishermen to learn how to become better anglers in a relaxed and friendly setting that offers plenty of opportunities for interaction with the presenters. The speakers are some of the most knowledgeable authorities in their field in Texas.” said TPWD Coastal Fisheries Outreach Specialist Art Morris.
Flat Out Fishing — Corpus Christi, Feb. 2, features the following speakers and presentations:
- Tony Amos, Research Associate, University of Texas Marine Science Institute will help anglers understand tides and currents on the Texas coast.
- Capt. Sally Moffett of Capt. Sally’s Reel Fun Charters will offer a presentation on “Reading the Water and Finding Fish Under Any Conditions.”
- Jeff Herman, an ACA-certified paddling instructor, member of Team Ocean Kayak and kayaking editor for Harold Well’s Gulf Coast Fisherman magazine will introduce attendees to the finer points of kayak fishing.
- Capt. “Lefty” Ray Chapa, an FFF-certified fly casting instructor and former kayak fishing guide, is an award-winning outdoor photographer and will present “Fishing and Photography.”
- Mark Fisher, Ph.D., TPWD Coastal Fisheries Division science director and lifelong fly tier and angler, will present “Common Prey Items Along the Texas Coast: A Fly Fishing Perspective.”
- Nick Meyer is a long-distance casting champion and the sole distributor for Breakaway Tackle in the USA. His BreakAwayUSA.com message board is a mandatory stop for Padre Island National Seashore surf anglers, and he’ll present “Surf Fishing Padre Island.”
- It’s the time of year when many anglers go hunting for that once-in-a-lifetime spotted seatrout, and Capt. Robert Zapata of High Tide Fishing Adventures will offer a presentation on “Trophy Trout Fishing.”
Participants will be eligible for door prizes and “goody bags.”
To register for either event, contact Art Morris at 361-825-3356 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a map to Bay Hall at TAMU-CC, go to: http://www.tamucc.edu/campmap.html. The Lake Jackson Civic Center is located at 333 Hwy 332 East, Lake Jackson, Texas.
Flat Out Fishing is underwritten by Anheuser-Busch and sponsored by CCA Texas, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, Shimano and others.
– Texas Saltwater Fishing Guide